Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Style Icon of the Week - Katie Holmes


I must say, Ms. Holmes has had a major transformation lately. I love her new do - I've always been a fan of the bob and it is especially fitting for her new grown-up style. I won't hold it against her for marrying a psycho movie star, but who can say no to Mr. Risky Business! But I think her transformation as a style icon has more to do with her new role as a mother. All of a sudden she has this natural ease about her and a more classic style. I used to take yoga with her at Yoga Works on Montana back when she was engaged to Chris Klein and she definitely was sporting the post-college look and certainly not Seventh Avenue worthy. So maybe Cruise did have a hand in it or at least we can give him some credit for her new role as a Mom. I'm loving her more sophisticated looks with the big dark sunglasses (so very Audrey), the white trench coats (for us folks without Tom's allowance money, you can snag a similar find à la vintage London Fog - I actually collect them!), long wide leg trousers with cuffs, leather waistcoats (very Kate Moss in fact!), and Chanel stripey beach tunics. I actually think Ms. Holmes would look fabulous in one of my spacedye tunics on her next beach outing in the South of France! And maybe paired with her new signature high-waisted, wide leg cuffed pants, she should try my honeycomb jacquard retro-cardigan and ditch Chanel. But the most adorable accessory of them all is little Ms. Suri, who I think would look fantastic in a Stacia Baby spacedye dress and crochet panty next Spring. So here's to Katie (and Suri!), who's transformation is a design inspiration in itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment